10th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research
22-25 November 2016, Göttingen, Germany
Due to new rules and regulations in FAO of the UN for hosting conferences, MTSR'16 will be relocated to the UniversitätsBibliothek of Göttingen (Germany).
We apologize for any inconvenience generated by the relocation
The Workshops will take place on 22nd November 2016 from 14:00 to 17:00
They are free of charge. Register here
The International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR'16) will be held at the UniversitätsBibliothek of Göttingen (Germany) on November 22-25, 2016. MTSR’16 celebrates the conference’s 10th anniversary with the theme of
bridging the past, present and future of metadata, data and semantic technologies
The organisers encourage prospective authors and conference participants to reflect on the following questions:
- How the documented evidence produced over the past years can be used as a driver for innovating management and processing of data and information?
- How close are we from the vision of building powerful learning systems that will meet the needs of modern societies through high quality data infrastructures and data-driven interfaces?
- What are the main challenges that modern metadata and semantics research has not addressed yet?
MTSR'16 brings together scholars and practitioners with common interest in the interdisciplinary fields of metadata, data and semantics. The conference provides an opportunity for participants to share knowledge and novel approaches in the implementation of semantic technologies across diverse types of information environments and applications. These include Cultural Informatics, Open Access Repositories and Digital Libraries, E-learning applications, Search Engine Optimization and Information Retrieval, Research Information Systems and Infrastructures, e-Science and e-Social Science applications, Agriculture, Food and Environment, Bio-Health & Medical Information Systems.
- 24th June 2016 : Submission deadline.
- 20th July 2016 : Notification of acceptance
- 7th August 2016 : Camera-ready papers due
- 22nd – 25th November 2016 : Conference at UniversitätsBibliothek of Göttingen (Germany)
The conference will host a few important speeches of relevant researchers and actors from various fields of the Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies area.
More about it on the Keynotes page.
The conference welcomes the organization of special tracks focusing on particular domains or topics. Proposals for special tracks are welcome. Papers submitted to tracks undergo the same review procedures and are published in the same proceedings as those accepted for the main track. Tracks currently being organized: